Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lucky Me

I sit and stare at this diamond on a very significant finger

And I wonder...

How...just how did I get this lucky?

Of course the stone and ring are gorgeous...I lucked out in that department. But my luck is not due to this fine piece of jewelery. My luck is because of the gorgeous man above that asked me to wear it eternally.

I've often pondered on this topic and the direction my life took when I chose to wear this ring. There have been hard times without a doubt. But I can honestly say, it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

There are lots of reasons that make this decision the best...so many, I can't even begin to comprise a list. I will, however, highlight one reason...my inspiration for this post.

Last night, after a long day, we lay in bed with Montana and watched a little bit of a Disney movie together. (This is rapidly becoming a nightly routine...one that Montana does not let us forget..."Movie...Mommy-Daddy bed..." We don't mind it. It's a nice wind-down time for us too!) After about half of The Incredible's, much to Tana's dismay, I took her into her bed and returned to my spot next to my sweetheart.

We were both exhausted. He'd worked a long-hard day, dawn to dusk, bringing home the bacon. I'd spent the day chasing after toddlers, balancing the checkbook, cleaning and teaching a few piano lessons. We topped off the day with a nice brisk run and a trip to the park for Montana, as is also in our nightly routine. We were plum spent.

I melted into my spot on the bed and before I knew it...I was getting a back rub. OH, HEAVEN SENT. I've had so many knots in my back, you'd think a Boy Scout Troop had been practicing their tying skills back there. I credit it to a combination of our mattress, my posture and it being the place that I carry stress.

Here he was, a tired, sore mess himself, and he was rubbing MY back. UNSOLICITED. The fact that I am able to have someone who loves me the way that he loves me and treats me with the love, respect and selflessness that he does...to me feels like pure luck.

The day that he slipped this ring on my finger, I was the luckiest girl in the world...

...today, I am the luckiest girl in the world, still.

4 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

SO TRUE~ You did catch a GREAT guy! ~ GOod thing you know it! ~
STACY ~ The house is in the middle of 5 and 99 off Laguna. On the same side of Red Robin and stuff like that. It is in a gated community next to the house we put a bid in on. The address is 6452 Laguna Mirage Ln‏. It is nice, and we are just excited to be ALONE!! We are STILL looking for a house to buy, we just needed out! ~ I hear you are going to Disneyland ~ YEAH

Giles Fam said...

super sweet post!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

You both are so lucky to have one another. It's no wonder you two made the most beautiful little girl.
Can't wait to see you guys next Friday.

RachelBarker said...

You both were blessed. We just love hanging out with you guys and hopefully we will get to more often. Love the post.
It's funny that you posted this because I wrote in my journal yesterday basically the same thing you did about Trent. Then we went out for lunch yesterday and told Trent exactly what I wrote. I love the married life!