Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Friday Night Lights

Many of you know, that for the last three years, our fall nights have been spent out at a high school football stadium, me sitting in the stands, while Marc coaches. The first season I was a newlywed, second season pregnant, third season with a one year old and the help of family and friends in the stand. This season, Marc has decided not to coach. He is focusing more on his career and spends his free time playing golf at his leisure. Football had a lot of restraining time commitments. However, he does miss it. I can tell. He said on Friday he could "smell football in the air". At first I thought it was silly, but then it made sense, since you can smell the fall season and feel the more brisk air, and for him, Fall reaks of football. Makes complete sense.

Well, this last Friday night, Galt High School, where Marc coached alongside his buddy Warren for two years, was playing McNair High School, where Marc's dad teaches and was the head coach two years ago. So, we decided to go out to support the teams. Anngela, my friend whose husband Warren is the head coach of Galts Varsity team, is the ultimate coaches wife. She teaches at the school, but has more Warrior Pride than the students. Her two little boys were all dressed up in their Galt attire, and she had a red and black (Galt colors) two man tent set up on the side of the stadium with toys and dvd's, etc., so that she could support her husband. I know...amazing. I don't know that I could ever fill the "coaches wife" shoes quite as well, and so its probably a good thing Marc isn't coaching anymore. In fact, Montana and I left at half time. But, the time that we were there was fun. And I have to say, in my defense, I have actually been way more supportive in watching football this season so far. I sat and watched part of the BYU game on Saturday (amazing game! Shut out!), and then the 49er game on Sunday (even more amazing game! Horrible first half, amazing second half where they tied, went into overtime, and won by a field goal!) And I watched part of the Cowboys vs. Eagles game yesterday, which was a nail biter til the end as well. I'm gettin' the hang of this sports fan thing! It's actually really fun!

Anyway, at the game Marc sat in the stands with his dad and brother while I tried to keep Montana occupied down at "Camp Schroeder"! :)

She got to wear her princess sweatshirt from Disneyland that she loves! Also, notice she has her hand over her heart during the national anthem. We are teachig her to be proud to be an American.

Playing with Mikey

Getting a little tired, she and Timmy pulled out their pacifiers and blankets and relaxed in the little red wagon.

Sitting still for five seconds with Mommy while she played with one of those doo-hickee things from Disneyland. That thing kept her occupied for like ten minutes. See Marc, I told you it would be worth the purchase at Disneyland. Next time.



Future Cheerleader

Me and Anng...she was all dressed up in her Galt High best as well.

Me and my man right before I bailed out for the night...

2 comments:

The Schroeder Family said...

I'm so glad that you blogged the game, because I haven't. You are a great friends, and I miss you not being down in the wife trenches with me. :(

Love you,
~Annge

Maran said...

What a cute little cheerleader Montana is! Sometimes I miss going to football games.