Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time

Well, it's kind of starting to be at least. It's not exactly fall weather yet, but I thought I'd get the kids into the spirit of Fall today with a little leaf coloring. I know the idea is to wait until the leaves have fallen...but instead we picked some off of the trees and bushes in the backyard.
We taped the leaves to the back of their paper and they had fun coloring the other side to see the shape of their leaves appear.




Then, I tried to teach them a song about falling leaves...soon realizing I didn't really know how it went. I think I figured it out, I may be wrong. Don't mind my sillyness.



Fall is one of my favorite times...I love that its pants weather again, (I'm not a big fan of shorts). I love the colors...it reminds me of my birthday, Halloween, Montana's birthday and Thanksgiving. And of course, it leads into the feeling of Christmas which really is the most wonderful time of the year. Before we know it, it will be here!


I'm always looking for fun crafts and projects to do with the kids. Being two year olds, I have to find quick projects since their attention span doesn't last too long. Any fun ideas??

3 comments:

Sara Marie said...

You are the BEST!!!! I love you! Thank you for having so much fun and being so great with my baby!! I am forever grateful for you. When I started to play the video Ryder ran over and climbed on my lab to watch. I've never seen him so excited. He thought it was so funny to watch himself and TanTan on the "t.v.". As you sang the song Ryder made his best attempt at singing along. And he pointed to each body part as you sang it. He even answered the questions you asked when you asked him. It was funny because he would say it the same time as he said it in the video and in the exact same tone. Looks like the kids had a fun day. Thank you!

Heather said...

"Bye camera"... that was cute! Sugardoodle is a fun site. They have a section for Nursery which has some fun activities you could use. The link is

http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2308&Itemid=5

Maran said...

Cute video! I love the pictures of the trees. Did you take those? They are so beautiful!