Monday, September 29, 2008

Michele's Birthday

My mother in law's birthday was Friday. The woman hardly ever does anything for herself and so I was very happy to hear that her daughters were planning a night out for all of us to go with her on her birthday. Just the girls. We met for dinner at BJ's where we all gave Michele our gifts to her. We all had the same thought...without talking to each other. We all got her a book. Luckily none of them were repeats, and she hadn't read any of them. She will be a busy reader for the next few weeks. Yes, I said weeks...she is a fast reader. :)

Dinner was fabulous...we all enjoyed it. Michele being the healthy eater she is decided to forego the free Pizookie. But after all of our meals, we all were pretty full.

Then we went out to the movies to see "Nights in Rodanthe". It's a movie based on Nicholas Sparks' novel. I actually had just read the novel that week and finished the night before. I had bawled my eyes out reading and then bawled my eyes out in the theater. I felt kind of ridiculous, but I really wanted to sob out loud. I'm glad I didn't, I think Mo would have laughed at me! :) haha, right Mo??

I had a blast. I'd love if we did this more often. It's hard with all our busy lives and schedules but its so nice to get together and just be "girlfriends"! Happy Birthday Michele! We love you!

P.S. Missed ya Meg.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Stacy! You have such a sweet little family! Your little girl is just adorable! It's so fun to see how we have all grown up and have husbands and kids now! It will be fun to catch up through blogs!

Carter Family said...

Thanks for the pics! :) It was a very fun night out!

Dave and Courtney said...

It looks like you had a great time with the Rogers side of the family! Happy Birthday to Michele! I love girls night out and I can't wait to see that movie!

Hansen Happenings said...

I was already laughing. The company was great, but the movie???? Let's do the dinner and a movie thing again!
Monique