Thursday, September 25, 2008

"It's Not Juice..."

***Note to self...get ready BEFORE your child wakes up. Makes life a lot easier.***

So yesterday morning, I was getting ready for the day. I had already showered and dried my hair, it was just the touching up process of doing something with my hair and face. I have a nice little set up where I set Montana in a chair at the end of our bed and she watches her Disney movies. Her favorite of the moment is Mary Poppins. (You should hear her sing, "Chim Chiminey Chim Chim Chiroo"...it defines adorable.) Anyway, I'm in my bathroom and occasionally Pumpkin Buns comes in and checks on me..."Hi Mom." "Hi Tana Belle...where's Mary Poppins and Jane and Michael?" "Um...", she says, and she runs back in to find them. It's normal for her to come in and out as I get ready...going in and out of my closet wearing all my different pairs of shoes. Sometimes getting into my drawers and pulling things out. Nail polish..."Oh, no, no....give that to Mommy." Listerine, "Danger, danger...no, no, no!" Mommy's Tiffany's necklace, "Oh here, that's Mommy's special pretty. Let me find you a different pretty." I'm getting a little tired of the game, and am nearing the end of getting ready for the day...and she pulls my cold cream out of the drawer. She says, "Mommy, juice." And pretends she's drinking from the lid. I said, "No, not juice. Are you pretending its a cup?" And she says, "Yeah!" So I checked the jar, made sure the lid was on tight and said, "Whatever....but its not juice, okay?" "Okay mom." Five minutes later, I give up on getting ready in peace, making do with what I'd turned out in the ten minutes of chaos and walk back into the bedroom to find this...

"MONTANA!" I shreik. Noticing its on her face and around her mouth I say, "Did you eat it??" And she says, "It's not juice." Luckily, if she did taste it, she didn't get much of it. Even a two year old knows you don't eat something that doesn't taste as good as juice.

Even though we were running a little late to my cousins to help her pack...I again forced myself to make this a cute memory...and decided to take a video. I think you can sense my mood in my voice. Now that we're all cleaned up, I think I'm at a point that I can laugh at the situation. I wasn't quite there during the process of filming.

Because we were running late, I cleaned her up best I could without a bath and combed her GREASY hair into a pony tail. All you women know how greasy cold cream is...yeah...she looked like a grease ball for the rest of the day. Finally, at the end of the day, it was scrub time.

P.S. Sorry for all the red eye in the pictures. I didn't take the time to edit them. Although I must say, the red in her eyes in the first set of pictures depicts quite well her sneakyness! I love my little mischevious girl! Greasy messes and all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool that you turn sometimes difficult situations into memories...I hope I can be like that when I have kids!

Unknown said...

okay, I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who terrorize my house. Yikes. But she is a cutie. See, that's why God makes them cute, so you think its funny, instead of crying. Okay, sometimes you still cry. But feel lucky,boys are ten times worse with that kind of stuff, trust me.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

How about we get our two little messies together and let them tare it up?

Love you

Brenner Family said...

Oh Stacy...I laughed so hard when I saw this. I am sooo glad my daughter is not the only mischievous one. It seems like the last two years have been the longest and fastest two years of my life. I have scrubbed more makeup, lotion, sunblock, hairproducts, food etc out of my carpets. She never seems to make the mess on the tile or hardwood, oh no has to be in the carpet. My favorite is when she dumped Mommy and Daddies brand new clinique face products down the drain. Classic. Im pretty sure I could write a book about the messes I have cleaned. Her most favorite is baby powder, its the best when you smell it coming out of the vents throughout the house, oh or the time she helped Mommy wash my car with Armoral. THAT was the best! Or the time she washed her cousins hair with a bottle of lotion. While first perfecting the mohawk and making sure to get it in her eyes, or bathed the cat with A&D. Ok so most of those I was not there for,babysitters. One would think I dont watch my child. I promise I do. They are quick and the next thing you know you turn your head and their out of the room, uh oh. Not good. The best thing you can do is catch every moment on camera. Makes for the BEST stories. It is just beginning. Im sure you have got it down. If you need any tips let me know, I have a few. Thanks for sharing she is adorable!

Bird is the Word said...

I LOVE it! It is GREAT to see her learning SO much about her surroundings!! Hailey is quite the menace too... I was telling my mother about something Hailey did that made me mad, and she said "That is GREAT that she is noticing things around her!" and it made me realize she is DRIVING me nuts because she wants to learn about EVERYTHING around her! ~ She is a doll!!