Not that any of you were wondering whether or not she was really ours...but there really is nothing more exciting than seeing characteristics develop in your growing child that are reflections of you and your spouse. There's no really way to explain it, its just very cool. So, the other morning after Montana ate breakfast (hence her only wearing a diaper...I know many of you have to be wondering if the child runs around in diaper all day...not the case. She just is a very messy eater and I like to not have her ruin all her clothes...just after breakfast I don't always get her dressed right away) anyway, after breakfast the other morning she went in and was playing the piano and singing. She loves to do this! And it's totally not forced, I promise you. The child LOVES music...I know I've posted about it before...but it never gets old to me. It's like that saying, "A girl after her mothers heart". It truly gives me so much joy to see her enjoying music like I do. With the lungs of that girl (you should hear her scream) I estimate she will one day out sing me for sure! And I will love every minute of it! This is the video I caught of her singing, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". You'll notice when I tried to play her a song to dance to, that she is a one woman show and wants the stage to herself. Diva for sure!
And now this, my friends, is proof she is her daddy's little girl. If you know Marc, you know that he is very organized and clean. He likes things to be a certain way and it's something I've grown to really love about him. I enjoy that we try to keep a clean home together and I am very fortunate to have a husband who enjoys cleaning. Aside from all of the athleticism Montana has shown (we'll have to post a video from the park. That girl can climb and hang like you wouldn't believe) which would definitely be traits from Marc as he is the more athletic side of this couple, she also has shown traits of his need for things to be neat, tidy and perfect. Yesterday Montana found some snow man wrapping paper and was dancing on it, so I decided to teach her the snow man song. You can't see it in the video, but she had to stand on the wrapping paper for the song and throughout the song continues to try to put a corner of the paper down that is folded up and won't go back down. She can't seem to concentrate on the song until this is done. Definitely her daddy's girl!
What a lucky gift we have as parents to watch these little people bud and grow and become branches of who we are. I hope that Montana develops all our good traits...and not the ones where she'll grow up and say, "Ahhh...I'm just like my parents!"

3 comments:
How fun! You have your own private entertainer!
So cute!
I looks like she is getting some great things from you two. It's not all bad to be like your parents...even at our age. :)
Post a Comment