First off, thanks for the support! It actually is really motivating.
Secondly, as cheesy as this may sound, today has been a great day, and I owe it to starting this "journey" (program, thingy.... I don't know what to call it..."this"....)
Day 1- July 13th, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me
SPIRITUAL
*Scripture Study- This is the first thing I did this morning (after making my bed so that I wouldn't go back to sleep). It was quiet, the sun was streaming through my windows and it felt perfect. I studied in The Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi Chapters 11-12 . What stood out to me was how although Nephi trusted his father, and knew that what his father had prophesied was true, he prayed to know for himself with a surety. Just as Moroni exhorts, we must pray and ask for ourselves if something is true and cannot solely rely on the faith of others to get us through. I have to point out that I REALLY enjoy studying out of the Book of Mormon for Latter Day Saint Families version. The doctrine is obviously all the same, but it has great study questions, definitions and facts. I love it.
*Personal Prayer- After my scripture study, with a quiet house and no distractions, I was able to devote the time and energy necessary to really converse with the Lord. Best way to start the day.
*Follow "21 Days Closer to Christ" book.- Today's "Invitation" was to read the account of the fisherman in Mark 1:16-18 and in John 1:38-39 . The "Journey" then was to determine the things that "fill my net" during the day and whether or not they lead closer to Christ or make it easier for me to see opportunities to leave my nets to "come and see....". This is totally vague for you I understand, but I highly recommend buying the book. It will make sense then, I swear. I have to tell you, I really did have multiple opportunities today to "leave my net" and "come and see" something that would help bring me closer to Christ. It was actually quite miraculous if I look back on my day today the things that I was able to be in tune to recognize, that otherwise I may have overlooked, or ignored.
PHYSICAL
*30 minutes minimum of exercise- Um, yeah...about that. So, I had every intention of doing my Insanity workout after I put the babies down tonight...however, when you have a sick infant, his schedule is off and not happily drifting off into dream land at the time he normally would. Then he finally fell asleep, mouth still attached to the tap (sorry if that's too much information, but Marc and I laugh as we watch him fall asleep like that, because it looks like a drunkard falling asleep while drinking...a swallow here and there, but for the most part, already passed out). So, he finally is asleep, and then my honey offers to draw me a relaxing bath. I'd have to be a crazy wife to ever turn down a husbands OFFER to draw his wife a bath. So, I have to say, I didn't exactly devote my 30 min. minimum that I wanted to, to exercise...and there are no excuses, so tomorrow, I need to make sure I make time for that. (I have to point out...in my original booklets, I always put areas to write what I felt I could improve on, because as much as we try, some days, it's hard to get everything just right.)
*Healthy eating w/ food log- I'm sure you don't want a written account of my daily intake. So I plan to keep the log myself in private. But, I have to say, I did really well on this today, aside from the time I snuck into the chocolate chips in the pantry. That's a weak spot for me...but I buy the milk chocolate kind over the semi-sweet partly for this reason, so it's bound to happen from time to time. Other than that, I got no mayo, no cheese on my Subway sandwich at lunch, and instead chose avocado for some substance, because that's a healthier fat. I also made sure to take my prenatal and fish oil (Fish oil is the best vitamin---and if you don't want to burp it up all day, I learned a little secret at the vitamin store...freeze them. Works like a charm.)
MOTHER/WIFE
*Spend 30 minutes playing or doing an activity with Montana without distractions- I'm so glad I included this, because I never realized how little time Montana gets devoted to just her anymore. Between all of my other responsibilities, and most especially the baby, the one on one time has diminished greatly. The pediatrician said that while learning to share the spotlight is healthy, they still need some quality time with mom after a new baby comes. He suggested 20-30 min. So, today, Montana and I played Disney Scene It together. My baby girl is a DISNEY WHIZ! The baby did end up waking up and wanting to nurse halfway through, so it wasn't a complete success, but I did try my hardest to let him nurse but focus my attention on her and the game. She loved it, but I think I may have loved it even more!
*Complete daily household chore- I found that I had become obsessed with keeping my house clean. When I wasn't tidying, I was deep cleaning, when I wasn't deep cleaning, I was organizing...and while keeping a clean house is not a bad thing, I found myself putting off my kids to keep up with every thing my eye could catch. So, I made myself a chore list by day, and aside from daily upkeep, that is the only major household chore I take care of. Today was kitchen and bathrooms--and I was able to accomplish and be done with these things by 9:30 this morning.
*Wake up at 6:30am-Mission accomplished.
Day 1 down, I feel awesome and am so looking forward to continuing this process for the next 20 days.

2 comments:
GIRL you are a ROCKSTAR!! I need to get this book and join in with you. You are always such a great inspiration of spiritual growth I am PROUD to be a part of your world! and THANKS for the fish oil trick... I HATED that constant burp UGH! Now I know!!
Keep it up!
Post a Comment