Wednesday, July 14, 2010

21 Days: Day 2


Day 2- July 14th, 2010

21 Days to an All Around Better Me

SPIRITUAL
*Scripture Study- Today is a perfect example of how everyday pans out differently, and life is life and each day is not a carbon copy of the next. So, with children that decided to wake up earlier, my scripture study didn't happen until later in the morning and was less reading than yesterday, but it happened nonetheless. I continued in 1 Nephi (I have to clarify and I edited and fixed yesterdays post that---it was not chapters 17-18, but 11-12.). Today I read from 1 Nephi Chapter 13 . What stood out to me here, are the crazy similarities between the "great and abominable church" of the Gentiles and the world today. I mean check out verse 7: And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing; and I saw many harlots. Is that not what is staring us in the face every time we turn on the TV? It makes me feel like I need to check myself too and make sure I'm not putting too much energy or emphasis on those things.
*Personal Prayer- My prayer was also not as private but I did it none the less. Montana walked into the living room where I was kneeling and asked me why I wasn't saying any words in my prayer. I told her I was praying in my head. She said I should say the words out loud, and so I thought it was a great opportunity for her to hear what a mommy's prayer sounds like. I kept hearing the lyrics, "I see my mother kneeling..." in my head and was grateful for the opportunity to lead by example.
*Follow "21 Days Closer to Christ" book-Today's focus was the Sacrament. Referencing the Last Supper in John 13:4-15. The "journey" was to find ways to bring honor to Christ's name and letting the walk of my life exemplify Him. It also talked about the different names that Christ bears, and invited me to reflect on how each name blesses my life. For example, The Comforter, The Healer, The Savior...etc. Each Sunday, the Sacrament is a covenant I make to always remember Christ and take His name upon myself. I bear that responsibility to be an example of Him in my life, and I realized that although I do try, there are a lot of opportunities that I miss or times that I don't act as thought He would. Those WWJD bracelets were actually a good idea if you think about it. If you were to constantly remind yourself, What would Jesus do...would we act how we do sometimes.? Would we change the way we treat others? Or more-so, would we rethink the true feelings of our hearts? For me, today, it wasn't so much how I treated others that I really had to watch and reflect on, it was my initial thoughts and reactions in my mind as I tried to have more charity in my heart, the pure love of Christ, when no one but myself and the Lord would even know what I was thinking or feeling. It's definitely a challenge, but one that I know if I can conquer, could truly open up so many more opportunities for growth.

PHYSICAL
*30 minutes minimum of exercise- I'm on it...immediately following this post, Insanity is ON! I was afraid it would knock me on my butt and I'd be too tired to post, so I opted to post first. But you have my word, it will be done immediately following this. I need it today!
*Healthy eating w/ food log- Check! Want to know one of my favorite snack/meals? These little babies...
Mmm-mmm, good!
MOTHER/WIFE
*Spend 30 minutes playing or doing an activity with Montana without distractions- Because 30 minutes is just too long for a 3 year old to do ONE activity, we got a lot of things crammed into that time. First, we played Candy Land. She won in 3 minutes...but she played by Montana rules. Then, we pretended that the bed was an airplane. She was the pilot AND flight attendant. She served me raspberry lemonade and chicken. The in-flight move was something like , "Carzog the Sparty" (she's totally into making up silly words), and she flew me to Hawaii. Then, we painted her fingernails and toenails blue. We had a blast.
*Complete daily household chore- Floors, dusting, and some other junk that are not my favorite chores. I put them all in one day. I hate, I hate, I hate...mopping floors! And seriously, if you've been to my house pretty much my entire bottom floor is tile. But, I did it. And dusting just gets me all sneezy. But, done and done.
*Wake up at 6:30am- Well, technically yes...but so did Carson, so I nursed him in bed and got up at about 7:00. In a perfect world, I'd be up and out of bed by 6:30. But yes, I was awake.

I'm off to get Insane...

2 comments:

ash and jay said...

i love that you're trying to improve and be better! I'm making small, positive changes in my life as well. And I most certainly LOVE being around people that uplift me and make me feel like a better person! Thanks Stacy! You're the BOMB!!

Bird is the Word said...

I bet Montana is getting more out of this journey than you would think. I LOVE playing "food" with Hailey. The other day she told me I was the mommy dragon and she was going to make me worms and macaroni and cheese... YUMMMMM!! GREAT JOB!!