July 27, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me
Second blog of the day. I think my blog itself may be getting sick of me. Like, "Hey Stacy...I know you like to write, but dang girl, I am tired...give me a break." Ya know what bloggy, I feel ya, I'm tired too. But I gotta report. And so, here goes.
Scripture Study- I continued and finished 1 Nephi Chapter 17. Nephi is responding to his brothers complaints and taunts to him regarding the notion that the Lord has commanded him to build a ship. He gives them examples of how the Lord has provided ways for his children to accomplish seemingly impossible things in the past. He references the children of Isreal being led out of the hands of the Egyptians by Moses and how Moses parted the Red Sea that then drowned the Egyptians. He talks about how they wandered in the wilderness and the Lord delivered manna, food from heaven, and water came forth from rocks to quench their thirsts. He also talks to them about the miracles they themselves have witnessed, being delivered from Laban. Leaving Jerusalem. Miracles. Miracles that we are able to learn from. Nephi referenced and learned from Moses, and because all of these things were recorded, we have so much to look to and reference from in our lives. I believe that's why we worship together. That's why we share testimony with one another. To learn and grow from others experiences and seeing God work miracles in our lives.
Prayer- Yes. I am working on making sure that I find a quiet place to say my morning prayer to be able to really focus.
21 Days Closer to Christ Book-Today actually helped with my desire to find a better place to pray in peace and quiet. It talked about a man, Zacchaeus in Luke Chapter 19 , who was desirous to see Christ as he traveled through, but because of the many people, and his stature, he was unable to see from the ground and so he climbed into a sycamore tree to see. The Lord saw Him and called Him down to go to his house. It says Zacchaeus was "joyful". It talks about how in a world full of technology and work, etc., our lives are never still. We have so many demands on our heads and sometimes we aren't finding time for the Savior in our lives. We need to find our sycamore tree where we can "climb up" so to speak, away from the world and the people blocking our view, and have a clearer view of Christ. I think my closet is truly that place for me. I used to have an alcove in my old house, a sort of reading nook that I would use. Here I don't quite have that...but its either my living room area or my closet that I feel can be my "sycamore tree". Once we get our backyard together more, I would love to make a quiet spot out there where I could read and pray. I love that idea of finding a secret haven where you can be close to the Lord.
Physical Exercise- I ran a hard 4 miles tonight with my friend. I didn't let dinner settle, I had to pee and I didn't drink enough water today. But, I did it nonetheless. She pushed me, that's for sure. But still, I love running. It feels so amazing to me when I accomplish a run.
30 Minutes with Montana- Today was good. We spent quite some time together today while Carson napped. We wrote on her magna doodle and I taught her how to read a few words. C-A-T. Cuh- Aaah- Tuh. I loved it. She's so smart. Then, we played with her stuffed animals. I was first the blue and white spotty dog. Then I was the monkey. Then she played mommy and I played baby. Then we had a camp-out under my comforter that she made into a "tent". Then she ran downstairs and got the bag of strawberry marshmallows that we bought yesterday so that we could do pretend s'mores. Love my baby girl.
Wake up at 6:30- Yes. Feels so early the last few days. Seriously, please let my sleep tonight be restful.
Daily Chore- I cleaned a lot today, but did a lot of randomness. Not as much deep cleaning as I'd like. I also had a cleaning fairy show up at my door and help me do some pick up. Thankful for good friends that you can let into your house, and they help you clean while you chat.
Showing Spousal Love- He JUST got home from the gym. I just ran before that. Aside from making him dinner and kissing him hello I haven't seen him much. So, the spousal love is on its way. I must say goodnight to you and go spend some time with my sweetheart.

2 comments:
Stacy I'm a good friend of Courtney's. I met you a few times when I lived in California and I worked with Courtney at Parasec. I just love how inspiring your blog is (I've followed it for some time now) and how inspiring you are as a mother, wife, woman, and sister in the church. I love your 21 day challenge and am wanting to take it myself!
p.s. love your new little addition to your beautiful family.
Stacy, I'm a good friend of Courtney's. I met you a few times when Courtney and I worked at Parasec when I lived in CA. I'm in GA now.
I have followed your blog for some time and just love how inspiring you are to others. I am wanting to take that 21 day challenge you are doing. I could definitely use it.
p.s. Your new little man is so adorable!
Post a Comment