Friday, July 23, 2010

21 Days: Day 10

Thursday, July 23, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me

Last night, I was pooped. Couldn't stay up to blog if I wanted to get up on time this morning. So here's yesterdays stats.

Scripture Study- 1 Nephi 16- In this chapter, Nephi finishes telling his brothers about their fathers vision. In verse 1 they said to him "Thou hast declared unto us hard things, more than we are able to bear." Nephi acknowledged that what he said were hard things, but against the wicked. That "...the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center." (verse 2). He goes on to say in verse 3 "And now my brethren, if ye were righteous and were willing to hearken to the truth, and give heed unto it, that ye might walk uprightly before God, then ye would not murmur because of the truth: Thou speakest hard things against us." Have you ever felt "called out" or maybe even just a bit red faced as you listen to counsel that you know you are not following or struggling with? I know that I've felt myself in circumstances like that. Definitely not as extreme as Laman and Lemuel, but its been hard to hear to say the least. You can go one of two ways with those situations; you can either humble yourself and strive to better heed the righteous counsel, or become prideful and continue to do those things. Nephi explains where the latter feeling comes from later on in 2 Nephi 33:5 ,explaining that it is the spirit of the devil that causes people to get angry at the truth.

Personal Prayer- Some days my prayers aren't as focused and private as I'd like. With kids, it's hard to "shut yourself away from the world" and focus on one thing. I could make a better effort of doing that first thing when I wake up, so my kids are still sleeping. But regardless, my prayers are 100% more effective now and I'm grateful for such a wonderful tool.

21 Days Closer to Christ book-

"We are living in a part of the universe
occupied by the rebel.
Enemy-occupied territory
---that is what this world is."
-C.S. Lewis, MERE CHRISTIANITY, 45-46

We live in a time plagued with wars. But there is one we battle incessantly. And we are called to action, called to choose a side on which to STAND at the battles front. President Ezra Taft Benson said, "There has never been more expected of the faithful in such a short period of time than there is of us. Never before on the face of this earth have the forces of evil and the forces of good been so well organized. Now is the great day of the devil's power. But now is also the great day of the Lord's power....Each day the forces of evil and the forces of good enlist new recruits. Each day we personally make many decisions showing the cause we support. The final outcome is certain - the forces of righteousness will win. But what remains to be seen is where each of us personally, now and in the future, will stand in this battle- and how tall we will stand...We will never have a better opportunity to be valiant in a more crucial cause than in the battle we face today...Christ...is the most successful warrior that ever walked the earth, and He wants to help us win every battle."
We are being called to stand "at attention" to our "Captain", and fight a battle that is more real, more worthwhile of our fights and efforts than any other battle we could enlist ourselves in. It makes me think of an awesome song that I used to sing and play out of the song book my sister brought home from EFY one year. I linked the you tube video below- it perfectly describes this point ,if you listen closely to the words.
This weeks challenge was to evaluate yourself and decide, when the battle is raging, where do you see yourself in the fight? Do I give some or do I give all? I've decided, there's always MORE I can give to a righteous cause. The challenge was to strengthen someone today. I did my best and pray that I can help to strengthen others everyday, as I am strengthened by all those around me heeding the call to stand for righteousness.

Physical Exercise- I had a wonderful run with my good friend Sam last night. I get my running therapy and my friendship therapy all at the same time. We could probably run forever just talking. But then again, we'd probably run longer if we didn't talk. It's impossible with us though. Good exercise, good conversation. I'm excited for the Alzheimer 5K Marc and I are doing with some of his family on Saturday morning. I was pregnant last year when I did it, so hopefully this year it'll be a tad better and I won't be looking for a spot to pee the whole time.

Healthy Eating- I made good choices today. We went to a friends little boys birthday party, where pizza was served. I only had one piece, when I really felt like having seven. She made a delicious salad though, so that sufficed for the six pieces of pizza I missed. Oh, and a sliver of Thomas the Train cake...I mean, it WAS buttercream frosting. But ultimately, I made good decisions and I'm proud of myself for making choices that aren't so extreme that I can never keep up. The log may be a long shot though- maybe that's for another 21 day process...there is just so much to remember throughout the day, that writing down every calorie and every morsel that enters my mouth is just not happening.

30 Minutes with Montana- We had to take Carson back to check on his ear infection. On the way to the doctors, he fell asleep and we had a little while to spare. So I stopped at Zehnders Flash Yogurt and Snow in Elk Grove. We went through the drive through and then I parked in the parking lot. She slipped in the front seat next to me, and I enjoyed my passion fruit shaved ice, and she had raspberry yogurt with rainbow sprinkles. We talked like girlfriends. Then later on at home, I had a tickle-fest with her. The kind my dad used to do to me. Held her down and pinned her arms up and tickled her little arm pits and sides. I LOVE making her laugh. Don't worry, I was fair. I let her tickle me back.

Wake up at 6:30- Yes, but it was tough. I need to go to bed earlier.

Daily Chore- Kitchen and Bathrooms. Call me crazy, but I LOVE cleaning the kitchen!

Showing Spousal Love- Yes. Take my word for it. Plus, we gave each other googly eyes all throughout the birthday party. I'm so excited its the weekend and I get to be with him more!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

0 comments: