Monday, July 19, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me
Today was crazy. I was a chicken with my head cut off. But it was also and amazing day spent with lots of people I love. But, I am pooped and it's late, so I'm going to do a quick checklist...but then again I'm sure you guys won't mind me not being as verbose as usual for once in my blogging history....
Scripture Study- I am sad to say, that although I did read the scriptures for my "Closer to Christ" book, I didn't get back to my reading of The Book of Mormon today like I wanted to. I have to say though, that I am not in my element (which I will be able to more fully explain on Wednesday night), and I didn't have my regular study Book of Mormon. I have the scriptures on my phone, but the questions and facts really help me. I strive to do better tomorrow--even if it is just on my phone.
Personal Prayer- Oh yes. YES! I just seriously love how open the connection feels. I could literally pray/talk/converse with the Lord forever now. If this is the only thing I get from this go around of the 21 Day process, I have won so much.
21 Days Closer to Christ book- Check! I love this book. Today was about the scripture Moroni 7:26, which President Hinckley had once declared as the "summom bonum of it all".
"...Whatsoever thing ye shall ask / the Father in my name, /which is good, /in faith believing that ye shall receive, /behold, it shall be done unto you."
The scripture was then broken into five parts- which I seperated above. It explained the meaning and purpose of each. Then we were to focus on one area. I chose to focus on the "which is good" part. Sometimes it's hard to be sure what we should be praying for. Sometimes I think I focus on things that are unimportant and I really need to make sure that the things I am praying for are really for the ultimate good and benefit of me and my family and the purpose of this life.
Physical Exercise- Check!
Healthy- Yes, but no log. I seriously need to crack the whip on that one.
30 Minutes with Montana- Swimming. My baby is a fish. Poor little girl scraped her knees up probably about a million times today. Also, she fell asleep in my arms tonight for bed. I missed cuddling her like I do Carson. She will always be my baby.
Wake up at 6:30- Yes, but baby nursed until seven and Montana woke up right after. I really need to get up earlier than that if I'm going to get the workout done in the morning. I know five, five thirty seems crazy but my day runs smoother that way. I'm going to shoot for that later in the week---but tomorrow is still 6:30---cuz it's already 11:30. Earlier bed is a must for anything before then.
Daily Chore- Laundry schmaundry...does it ever end?
Showing Spousal Love- Oh so many ways today. I am mad for the man. In a few words: hugs, kisses, pats on the bum during a pool game to say, "good job", and cuddling.
Now I'm headed up to cuddle him some more...
Thanks to everyone who's given me support and read any of my words. It's been really an awesome experience so far and I so appreciate the encouragement.
Until Day 8, blogosphere...goodnight.
21 Days to an All Around Better Me
Today was crazy. I was a chicken with my head cut off. But it was also and amazing day spent with lots of people I love. But, I am pooped and it's late, so I'm going to do a quick checklist...but then again I'm sure you guys won't mind me not being as verbose as usual for once in my blogging history....
Scripture Study- I am sad to say, that although I did read the scriptures for my "Closer to Christ" book, I didn't get back to my reading of The Book of Mormon today like I wanted to. I have to say though, that I am not in my element (which I will be able to more fully explain on Wednesday night), and I didn't have my regular study Book of Mormon. I have the scriptures on my phone, but the questions and facts really help me. I strive to do better tomorrow--even if it is just on my phone.
Personal Prayer- Oh yes. YES! I just seriously love how open the connection feels. I could literally pray/talk/converse with the Lord forever now. If this is the only thing I get from this go around of the 21 Day process, I have won so much.
21 Days Closer to Christ book- Check! I love this book. Today was about the scripture Moroni 7:26, which President Hinckley had once declared as the "summom bonum of it all".
"...Whatsoever thing ye shall ask / the Father in my name, /which is good, /in faith believing that ye shall receive, /behold, it shall be done unto you."
The scripture was then broken into five parts- which I seperated above. It explained the meaning and purpose of each. Then we were to focus on one area. I chose to focus on the "which is good" part. Sometimes it's hard to be sure what we should be praying for. Sometimes I think I focus on things that are unimportant and I really need to make sure that the things I am praying for are really for the ultimate good and benefit of me and my family and the purpose of this life.
Physical Exercise- Check!
Healthy- Yes, but no log. I seriously need to crack the whip on that one.
30 Minutes with Montana- Swimming. My baby is a fish. Poor little girl scraped her knees up probably about a million times today. Also, she fell asleep in my arms tonight for bed. I missed cuddling her like I do Carson. She will always be my baby.
Wake up at 6:30- Yes, but baby nursed until seven and Montana woke up right after. I really need to get up earlier than that if I'm going to get the workout done in the morning. I know five, five thirty seems crazy but my day runs smoother that way. I'm going to shoot for that later in the week---but tomorrow is still 6:30---cuz it's already 11:30. Earlier bed is a must for anything before then.
Daily Chore- Laundry schmaundry...does it ever end?
Showing Spousal Love- Oh so many ways today. I am mad for the man. In a few words: hugs, kisses, pats on the bum during a pool game to say, "good job", and cuddling.
Now I'm headed up to cuddle him some more...
Thanks to everyone who's given me support and read any of my words. It's been really an awesome experience so far and I so appreciate the encouragement.
Until Day 8, blogosphere...goodnight.

1 comments:
ur so awesome Stacy! Keep it up! Ur an inspiration to me...
Post a Comment