Saturday, July 17, 2010

21 Days: Day 5

Day 5: Saturday, July 17, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me

Today was definitely a much better day. I think after my post last night, the words clarified a lot of thoughts for me and I was able to see through the trials of that day. Here's the basics of today:

Scripture Study-
I studied 1 Nephi Chapter 15 today. What's crazy to me, is how Laman and Lemuel have seen more signs from God and evidences of the Lord revealing His Gospel and plans to their father and then their brother Nephi, and yet they still reject the words. Nephi is also boggled by this (see verses 8-11). Upon furthur inquiry, Nephi asks if they have prayed about it, and of course the answer is no. Nephi then reminds them what the Lord had told them (in verse 11) If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
All we need to do is ask....and the Lord will answer.

Personal Prayer-
My devotion to this journey and the Spirit it has filled me with has helped me not only devote specific time to meditative prayer, but I am continually feeling like I am walking around with prayers in my heart and mind. As though internally, I am conversing with the Lord through the day about my thoughts, feelings and actions. I'm SO grateful for prayer. There aren't words to describe.

21 Days Closer to Christ Book-
Today it was about looking through our days to find those small daily treasures, or heavenly blessings that come from God. To be aware and have an ever constant search for those learning moments that will bring us closer to Christ. I think we all could benefit from looking through our days to recognize more fully the blessings, the impacts and the things we are being given, even though they may be small and unrecognizable at times. Being aware of these moments will bring them to the surface and soon we will look around and see how we are being sent heavenly blessings all throughout our days.

Physical-
I apparently only set my alarm to wake me up Monday through Friday. So, today, I woke up at about 7 to my babies. There wasn't time to get in a workout before they woke up, but today we went to the California State Fair and walked all day long. Not that this is my idea of devoted exercise time, but it is something.

Healthy Eating-
Saturdays are so much harder for this. We tend to eat out usually both lunch and dinner on Saturdays. I had a sandwich for lunch at a cafe we went to, and then guess what? NO FOOD AT THE FAIR! Seriously, all we bought was a delicious watermelon lemonade. But, it felt so good to have walked out of there with out eating anything deep fried! Then, we had some yummy chinese food with Marc's parents, so overall I would say this day was not exactly a "success" on healthy eating, but a triumph over eating bad foods in a place where it's staring you in the face, every turn you take. The newest crazy thing though to eat at the fair : Chocolate Covered Bacon. Seriously carnival people...what makes you think this stuff up? Can you say, triple bypass?

30 Minutes with Montana-
I have to say, this didn't happen today. Sure, I was with her all day long, but not focused, devoted time to her. And I noticed a difference. She really needs that time and attention from me. We did read books before bed though, and it was a great way to wind down the day. She and daddy spent quality time out in the pool this afternoon at Marc's parents, just the two of them while I nursed the baby inside. So, she got one on one with one of us today, and the point is, Montana getting the quality time.

Daily Chore-
Nope...don't do it. Not on Saturdays. Sure, I straighten up and such but Saturdays and Sundays I never set a chore, because I clean all week long and I want to enjoy my family.

Showing Spousal Love-
A few things- I had myself up and ready and got the kids all ready in time for him to come home from golfing so that we could go spend his day off as a family. I usually have him help me get the kids ready on Saturday mornings. Also, as we walked around today, we held hands a lot, which with two kids, the stroller, etc., it's hard to just focus on being physically attached to one another. But hand holding is one of my favorite things about a significant other. Always has been. :) Also, if any of you know my husband, he falls asleep super fast. Super fast and super hard. I mean, he is in the deep REM sleep like within two seconds. So, tonight after bathing the kids and getting them down, we are on the couch and before even a minute passes, I look over and see his eyes shut. It was only 8:30...on a Saturday night. I usually wake him and make him try to stay up and watch at least the opening scene of a movie with me to spend some time together, but I realized that it might be more loving of me to let him sleep. To me, that's showin' the love, 'cuz I'd rather him be awake with me.


OKAY OKAY, now I know you are all so sick of all this black writing junk plastered all over my blog. WHERE'S ALL THE GOOD STUFF WE ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT, STACY??

Well, here it is...a few pictures from the fair today:
Man, are they cute or what?? We sure got lucky. I love these little angels so much.

2 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Chocolate covered bacon... excuse me while I go vomit.

Bird is the Word said...

LOVE the fair, and that is SO a show of love letting him sleep... good job!