Saturday/Sunday July 24-25, 2010
21 Days to an All around Better Me
I'm going to combine Saturday and today, because I obviously did not report yesterday. It was a full and busy day, starting early with a 5k...which we had a lot of fun doing. I miss doing races and events, so it was the kick start I needed to start signing up again. Then we had a birthday party, a wedding reception and date night. Not a lot of time at home so therefore not a lot of time for blogging. Then, I had every intention of blogging after church today...but, I just enjoyed my family instead. Nonetheless, I am here and blogging. Weekends tend to get a little away from me, but I am finishing this thing out and I'm only a little over halfway through.
Scripture Study- Saturday-Somewhere in the midst of it all yesterday, I pulled out my phone and looked up a primary lesson that I substitute taught for a friend today. She had text me during the day to ask me to sub, and so while my husband drove to one of yesterdays many events, I was reading the lesson and attached scriptures. So, yesterday, my scripture study was John 6:1-13. This is the story about the boy Philip, and him sharing the loaves and fishes and witnessing the miracle of Christ feeding 5,000 souls with five loaves of bread and two fish. I know I've experienced times in my life where things seem so tight in some way. You wonder how you will stretch to meet the demands, whether it be money or time or anything else, you wonder how you will ever accomplish the task at hand. And miraculously, your loaves and fishes feed thousands. You are able to accomplish the tasks, meet the demands and let Christ work His miracles in your life.
Sunday- I continued on with my study of 1 Nephi 16. Towards the second half of this chapter, Nephi and his brethren bear the responsibility for hunting and providing food for their families. The demand is high, in order to sustain the traveling that the families are doing in the wilderness. However, Nephi breaks his bow. His brothers are upset and complain against him. In fact, I even believe Lehi complains as well, as they worry about whether or not they will ever find the food they need without Nephi's bow. In this situation, it seems Nephi was the only one who kept faith. You almost can't blame the others for complaining for a moment. I probably would too if I were hungry and tired and someone else had broken the means to obtaining that food. However, a good question is posed in the footnotes. Something along the lines of, "What good does complaining ever do you?" And if you think about it for a second, the statement is completely true. Complaining does not progress or propel you into a solution. It only keeps you stagnant in your state of woe and misery. Nephi however prayed to the Lord and was able to fix his bow, and through the guidance of the liahona, is lead to food and able to have enough to help their family. As always, the Lord delivers to the faithful. Those who will put their complete trust in the Lord and His plan are able to see through even the most trying of times, to know that the Lord will not forsake them.
Prayer- Yes, Saturday and Sunday.
21 Days Closer to Christ book- My eyes are literally drooping shut as I type, so I gotta speed this up a bit. Saturday and Sunday I did read the daily invitations and challenges. I won't go into too much detail, but Saturday was about identifying a change that you could make in your life and making plans to accomplish that goal to change. I'm going to keep my struggles private, but I did take the challenge to look at something in my life that I can change and make plans to do so. Today, the book was about finding the light through the darkness and making sure that we are constantly walking in the lighted path. The challenge was to identify ways that we have been able to turn to the Lord for His love and support, as well as his guidance to help us get through things that may be holding us back or weighing us down. And then the challenge was to share that with someone else. I haven't truly had much adult conversation today, but I plan to, this week, try to lift someone else up in hope and faith, by possibly sharing rough situations that have been involved with and have been able to look through with fait hand hope to make it through. I wish I had more time to expand, but each sentence gets written and then erased and then re-written the right way. Because my eyes are shutting and my hands are just typing things that don't make sense or are spelled funky. For example, I just spelling shutting, shugging. :) Bed times a callin'...
Physical Exercise- Saturday- yes, our 5k. Sunday- I don't normally ever exercise this day of the week, but tonight we want on a brisk walk and it was nice.

Here we are at the race. Carson was asleep in the stroller.
Healthy Eating- Yes...especially for a weekend I did really well.
30 minutes with Montana- Saturday being a busy day, we didn't get as much one on one time with Montana as we would've liked. I vow to do better this week. today was okay, we did spend a lot of time together...she water colored and I helped her, but this week, Montana time needs to be more of a priority.
Wake up at 6:30- Both days it was either that or earlier. And last night, we were at the movies until 1AM, so no wonder my eyes are drooping.
Daily Chore- My weekend chores for Saturday and Sunday are not really assigned, but Saturday, I cleaned the garage and did some things around the house. Today, I made my grocery lists, menu for the week and to-do lists for this week.
Showing Spousal Love- Saturday, we ran the 5K together. Marc has a bad hip that he said feels like running on a broken bone- it's an old football injury coupled with genetics. But he ran anyway. And running is my thing- but I wanted to run the race with him, and so even though the drive and competitiveness in me had a hard time running slower or even walking with him sometimes, I was determined to stay next to my sweetheart and we held hands as we ran over the finish line. That felt better than having met a time goal. He even had told me I could run ahead, but I wanted to show him I cared more about him and experiencing it with him, than meeting a time goal. Then today, we were very affectionate and loving to one another and I let him nap today after the kids decided they no longer wanted to nap or sit still. '
Okay, I'm starting to get tired nausea, and exercise and everything comes early in the morning. I'm off to bed to start a new week! :)
Here's to a wonderful week for all of us!

1 comments:
go girl! This WEEK got away from me!! You make me proud to be a mother! You are doing GREAT even with the bad days... those days are needed to help us LOVE the REALLY GOOD DAYS! ~
Post a Comment