Tuesday, July 27, 2010

21 Days: Day 14


Monday, July 26, 2010
21 Days to an All Around Better Me

Yesterday drained me. I wanted to blog, but I literally could not find the time nor energy to do so. I'm really enjoying this experience so much though, and I hope my infrequent reporting is not making the process seem any less valuable to me. Finding the time to blog about it is less important than actually meeting my goals though, and so it sometimes gets put on the back burner.
Hopefully I get a chance to blog TODAYS tonight, but in the mean time, here is yesterdays report.

Scripture Study- I began studying 1 Nephi Chapter 17. This is where Nephi is commanded to go and build a ship. Of course, his older brothers taunt, ridicule and argue with him. They offered no help whatsoever and obviously 100% doubted his ability to build the boat. Nephi knew what they didn't. He knew that the Lord would provide a way and that it had nothing to do with Nephi's skills. What faith that must take to take on a task that you feel so completely unqualified for, yet you know that somehow the Lord will make up the difference. I know I've had callings like that before or even in motherhood where I know that alone, what I am being asked to do seems impossible, but with trust and faith in the Lord, I can accomplish any and all that He may command of me. In the footnotes it asks, "How does doubt and criticism get in the way of doing good deeds and helping others?" My answer is, both of these things hold us back incredibly. Doubt keeps us from moving forward, progressing and achieving the things that we've yet to accomplish. We limit ourselves by saying, "I can't," or other infinitives that make our tasks seem impossible. When you don't try or hope for those accomplishments, they simply cannot happen and you set your own course for failure right from the start because you didn't even attempt. Secondly, you are missing ample opportunity to help others. Opportunity to possible change another persons life or in Nephi's case, a whole nation of people that resulted from him building a ship and taking his family to the America's. We never know the domino effect of our actions and the possibilities of the things we are accomplishing amounting to greatness, if we never hope, have faith and just try. The Lord will do the rest.

Prayer- I made a decision to make more of an effort to find a quiet place. I am praying consistently through my day, however I need one good private communion with Heavenly Father, where I can be completely uninterrupted in my thoughts.

21 Days Closer to Christ Book- Day fourteen was about recognizing what we are best at and how we can use that gift to bring more joy to others around me. I feel a little uncomfortable talking about what I'm "so good at" and how I "bring joy to others" in a post, so I'm not really going to report on that. I think I definitely identified areas where I feel like I am strong and could use those things to possibly help uplift or do good in others lives and I strived to do that throughout my day yesterday. It was attempted and hopefully accomplished...but I didn't poll anyone afterward to ask them if I brought them joy yesterday. Haha...hope I did. :)

Physical Exercise- Checkity check check, check check...

30 Minutes with Montana- She painted with washable ( at least it was washable) paint with one of my BBQ meat brushes...and I cleaned it up, does that count?? haha...That for sure took me about 30 minutes. But seriously, while we ran our errands, I knew it would be a crazy day, so I made sure that we turned on her music as we drove and we blasted the "Tigger" song, ("The wonderful thing about Tiggers...") and put it on repeat and laughed and laughed and laughed. Even Carson was laughing at crazy Tana- I could hear him in the backseat. We love music time in the car.

Wake up at 6:30- Yes, but I haven't been happy about it. haha...I feel like my kids are waking up earlier too. Like I'm not getting as much time in the mornings as I was last week. Not to mention, after seeing Inception the other night (which is AMAZING...go see it!), I have been having such vivid dreams, that its making me feel like I'm not getting as much sleep. Like my dreams are making me work and think too hard to relax. Darn me and my crazy, non-stop mind.

Daily Chore- YES! I took my lists and I went grocery shopping and picked up dry cleaning. I went to two different stores (Winco for dry stuff, Bel Air for fresh), with two kids in tow and made it out alive. I felt so empowered. Seriously, like super woman. Also, laundry was taken care of. Does that chore ever really end?

Showing Spousal Love- Can I please just get some time alone with this man? He works so much and I just miss him. My spousal love was kissin' and lovin' on him when he got home. Yeah, my kids were there. They saw it. I want them to know how much we love each other. We kept it "G"...but they need to see how much Mommy and Daddy miss each other during the day. Also, I got the kids all bathed and ready for bed while he relaxed. Then, I let him do the honors of putting the kids (well, at least Montana. Baby zonked out in my arms) to bed. I think I got the better deal though...Montana loves bath. Hates bedtime.

Hopefully I'll be back in a few hours to report today...

P.S. Look how funny we are. Love that man...

1 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

LOVE the pictures! That Tigger song is catchy isn't it? I hope it was not stuck in your head for the rest of the day...