I am truly blessed to have so many good friends in my life! I can't even begin to wonder how I got so lucky to have the great friends that I do, and to have born into and married into all the great friendships that I get to call family. Most especially my best friend, my sweet husband. Fortunately, as well, I have friends that go way back that I still am very much in contact with.
Last weekend, my friend Maren was married, and my other friend Maran came in from Utah for it. Maran kind of already posted this on her blog, but I just wanted to reiterate how cool it is to have friends that you have such a history with. I grew up with Maran, Maren and Rachel. The three of them go back to preschool days, but I've known them since kindergarten. It's so fun to be able to look back over your entire life, and draw memories from those friends that you still have now. I found pictures from our sixth grade promotion that I thought would be fun to pose at her wedding reception as a "Then and Now".
At the reception, Montana kept calling Maren (the bride) "Princess". She'd walk up and say, "Hi Princess" and touch her dress. I got some really cute pictures, but with my sisters camera since I forgot mine. Maybe I'll post those once I get them. They're super cute. We're so happy for you, Maren! You looked beautiful...like a princess! Congratulations!!!
Since Maran was in town, we decided that we'd have to get a little more creative on finding ways to hang out now that I live up here. So, we decided to have a BBQ with her and her daughter Hannah, and the Barkers (Rachel and Trent) and Rachel's brother Brad, and my friend Sara and her little boy Ryder up at our house. Everyone brought something to share and Marc, once again, grilled it up to perfection! It was such a fun and relaxed night. The boys threw the football around at the park and we watched the kids on the playground. Good times with good people.
Then Maran and Hannah spent the night, so that we could hang out a little bit more. We went to breakfast, went to the park and swam in our little pool.
It was a lot of fun to spend time with each other and reminisce. Wish you lived closer and we could all hang out more often!


3 comments:
I'm so happy to be your friend....still!!! We have had so many good memories together and I hope that we have many more. That picture of Hannah with me in the background is funny. She looks mad or something. Anyway, it was so fun to hang out with you!!!
So cute! We need to do it again soon! Love you! Oh, and by the way, I'm glade you cropped my "bend-and-snap" out of the slide picture! haha
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love being able to still call childhood friends, friends to this day too! Congrats to Maran!
Post a Comment