Well, I mean it tries at least. I don't know, I guess as I get older, the fair doesn't really seem as exciting. Marc and I felt just a tab bit disappointed with it, but maybe it was because we are eating healthier and not into all the deep fried oreos, frog legs (oh yes...FROG LEGS), and cheese raviolis. I mean, one of the best things about the fair is the food right? And when you're watching what you're eating, whats the point?
Well, the point was, my sister Whitney was showing a pig for FFA. She did great at County Fair, which we missed due to our Disneyland trip, so we decided to come check out her pig at State Fair. State Fair was a little tougher, and she didn't place like she did at County, but she still had fun. So we decided to go Monday for family night.
We entered the park on the side where all of the kiddie rides were. You could just see Montana's face light up, as she saw a little roller coaster and said, "Train, train!" Daddy said, "Oh doll, you're going to get some tickets out of me, aren't ya?" Luckily, we made it out without any carnival rides or games. We headed straight to the animals. Here is Montana by the sheep:
We soon found Aunt Whitney over with her piggy. Even covered in hay and pig poop, she is still beautiful.
Whitney had been watching another girls pig for her, and this pig was not used to other pigs. It was supposed to be kept seperate, but for some reason or another, it had gotten in with other pigs or something and started fighting. Whitney jumped in to stop them, and the pig bit her on her calf. It didn't break skin, but gave her one heck of a bruise. Her friend who was trying to help was not as lucky...he ended up with a bite to the crotch and had to go the ER. He's okay now. Whitney just said he was walking with a bit of a limp.
Here is the culprit. He was so ashamed, he couldn't even look at me! :)
Aw, come here, sista...I love you despite the stench of pigs! jk, Whit. You did not stink at all.
Then we went to go see the baby piggies and cows. Montana loved the piglets. She kept sticking her arms out and saying, "Hold them!"


Okay, so even though we were trying to eat healthy, we went a little over to the fried side. Well, actually, Marc didn't, just Tana and I. We had corn dogs. Marc had tri tip.
Okay, so even though we were trying to eat healthy, we went a little over to the fried side. Well, actually, Marc didn't, just Tana and I. We had corn dogs. Marc had tri tip.
Montana chowin' down her dog.
I know this isn't a very flattering picture of you honey, and I'm sure you don't want me to post it, but I wanted to show you that there are some people who ordered fried frog legs. This girl next to Marc did. She said it tasted like a cross between chicken and fish. No thanks.

Then we walked around some of the exhibits. Here, Meg, this ones for you! We miss you guys!

Montana with her fishy hat on backwards
Montana with her fishy hat on backwards
Because we're smokin'! haha
Montana and I poppin' out of the popcorn

After witnessing a couple get kicked out of the fair for stealing wine, cussing up a storm in front of their four kids, we kind of thought we didn't want to come back to the fair again. But, we usually always do, so...see ya again next year, California State Fair.
After witnessing a couple get kicked out of the fair for stealing wine, cussing up a storm in front of their four kids, we kind of thought we didn't want to come back to the fair again. But, we usually always do, so...see ya again next year, California State Fair.

7 comments:
cute! SO, I am not sure if you saw that they have roasted corn on the cobb at the fair but they do and you can dip it in butter and then put toppings on it like paramsen cheese, garlic salt, lemon pepper and tons of other toppings. It's kinda healthier...for next time. I'll let you know how it tastes when we go.
O, I was looking at our yearbook and I saw your baby pic that your parents put in and Montana looks alot like you. miss you!
I think the last time I went to the state fair, was when I was a young kid. Weird... it's never had an interest to me. I'm glad you guys had fun. I like the popcorn popping picture! :)
Cute pictures. I love the fair. We went and did the same things you guys did, eat the nasty fair food, smell the pigs in the barn, ride the bees, choo choo, and finally came home at 11:00 pm with our feet aching, Kamryn stayed awake the whole time. Remind me why we didn't go together???
Seriously let's get together.
Looks like it was fun! I actually really want to try to get to the fair...not sure why...but I do. ha! So, how did the RS lesson go yesterday? Tell Marc thanks again for doing an AMAZING job on the BBQ for me! I love you and Marc so much! You will never know how truly thankful I am to have such wonderful friends! I was talking to Denise before the party Saturday morning and I was just telling her how much I love the two of you and how thankful I was for you friendship and example and all you do for Ryder and I. I was telling her how you both are very protective over me and how I know I can ALWAYS count on you and Marc for anything, how much Ryder adores both of you, especially Marc, how much Marc and you did for Ryder and I on his 1st birthday... the list goes on... and Denise said that she admires that about the two of you too. She said that one of the responsibilities of a priesthood holder is to help widows and orphans, and though we aren’t technically either of those, Marc, in his willingness to help, is truly honoring his priesthood. I know you think it’s no big deal helping me with stuff like that, but I want you to know, to me it is a big deal and I appreciate it more than you know. Thanks for being wonderful! Love you girl!
I have so many fun memories of when I was little going to the state fair. Tru, the food isn't healthy but I say, for me at least, it's one excuse to take little break from the healthy eating. The corn on the cob is Great too and not as bad! We're going to try and go this week. We'll see how it goes with a wee one in tow.
So fun! I wish we would of been able to make it this year. My only saving grace is that I did see whit at the county fair.:) You always get such cute pic's with whit! I love that chick!
Thanks for the Tulare sign. I great reminder of the wonderful place we live. Go Tulare!! It's so hot here, I need to get away!!
Love and miss you guys.
Meg
Post a Comment