Surprises! I love surprises, and I got exactly that on Friday afternoon when my phone rang with a Utah area code. I answered it, and much to my surprise, it was my good friend Cori that I went to high school with. I hadn't heard her voice in FIVE YEARS!
So, her very thoughtful husband woke her up at two in the morning, gave her roses and told her that they were going on a trip. He didn't tell her where, they just packed the kids in the car and drove. After a few hours of driving, she sensed from their direction, that they were coming to CALIFORNIA! I thought I'd never see Cori in California again, since after she got married, her parents moved to Utah. So, she happened to be up in the Folsom area that day and knew I lived close, so we met up in Old Town Folsom where I got to meet her adorable little children, visit with her husband and cousins, and of course, reminisce with my sweet long lost friend! :)
Life sure changes and flies by after high school, and college, and marriage and especially KIDS! Cori and Craig, like I said above, were celebrating their 5 year anniversary. She said to me (sorry if this embarrasses you, Cori), that she still has waited for any feeling of regret or thinking "did I do the right thing?" but never has had to in five years. Truly, it was an inspiration to see their gorgeous little family, and how well they complimented each other as a couple. Their kids are probably the cutest things on the face of the earth...and she, my friends, is SUPER WOMAN!!! I don't think I could do three kids yet! She has a great husband who treats her amazingly, and even from the half an hour I spent with them, I could tell he is an amazing support and help to her.
I realized after our visit, that it was exactly five years to the day as well, since the last time I had seen Cori. Thank heavens for blogs, because we have been able to keep in touch, but because life is crazy we hadn't actually talked or seen each other since the day of her wedding. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to visit with her, even if it was just for a minute. I'd missed her and her spunky personality! Now, we just need to talk to Maran, Rachel and Maren and plan that girls getaway and make it a yearly tradition!!! It will be the good old days all over again!

2 comments:
Cori is so dang cute! After 3 kids and she's still got a cute little frame. I love seeing old friends. I just saw Jen Hansen now Arges for the first time in 7 years! It was awesome! Life long friends are wonderful to have!
Stacy, I was so glad to see you. I miss you so much! Okay, we are definitely doing a girls trip. We just need to figure out a good place to meet, and get everyone in on it. Email me anytime: corilynn6@gmail.com
Post a Comment